Internet Connection Manually in Windows
If you just want
to create a new dialup connection without
setting up an email account, or if you want
to setup each manually, follow these steps.
Creating a new connection can also be useful
as a troubleshooting step if you are having
- Double click My Computer.
- For Windows 95/98 double click Dial-Up Networking.
For Windows ME double click Control Panel and then Dial-Up
- Double click Make New Connection.
- Enter name for connection. This can be anything
- we recommend you enter Greenwood.Net.
- Click Next.
- Enter the local dial-up phone number for where
you live. For Greenwood, enter 538-0038 (leave the area code out).
You can call us or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you need help finding the right number for you.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
95/98 follow the additional steps below.
If your computer has Windows ME you do not
need to take these steps.
- Right click the
new connection. Select Properties.
- Click on the Server
- Uncheck "Log on to Network",
- Click OK.
For all sytems in this
section (Windows 95/98/ME) continue the
additional steps below.
- Right click
the new connection. Select Create
- Answer Yes
to place it on your Desktop.
- Close all windows (Control
Panel, Dialup Networking) that you
- Click Start
- Double click Internet
- Click on the Connections
- Below the connection
list check the box that says Dial
whenever a network connection is not
- If there is more than one dialup connection
in the list, highlight the one you just created (probably called
Greenwood.Net) and click Set Default. You may
remove any dialup connections you no longer need by highlighting
them and clicking Remove.
- Click Apply
at the bottom.
- If you would like to set your start page (home
page) to Greenwood.Net, click the General tab
at the top, and in the Home Page Address field enter